As 2016 draws to a close, and we’ve had thousands of people share their stories of failure across the world this year, we thought what better way to celebrate than by sharing some of our 2016 fuckups?
- We hired a team of web developers that didn’t work out. Twice.
- In our newsletter we advertised a 2 for 1 deal on our anniversary party tickets…. The actual promotion was 20% off.
- One of our speakers set to speak at our anniversary event cancelled, on the day of.
- A well-known global brand stiffed us on a sponsorship bill.
- After featuring our Manama chapter on a newsletter, the organizers decided to stop organizing the event…. Then started another event called “Failure Nights” womp womp.
- We lost presence in a whole slew of cities, 43, to be exact:
Cochabamba, Bolivia – Phnom Penh Cambodia – Concepción, Chile – Hong Kong,China – Cali, Colombia – Alexandria Egypt – Cairo, Egypt – Bielefeld, Germany – Bremen, Germany – Chemnitz, Germany – Hamburg, Germany – Stuttgart, Germany – Trier, Germany – Dublin, Ireland – Bari, Italy – Beirut, Lebanon – Atlacomulco, Mexico – Campeche, Mexico – Chihuahua, Mexico – Irapuato, Mexico – Nuevo Casas Grandes, Mexico – Oaxaca, Mexico – Teziutlan, Mexico – Toluca, Mexico – Veracruz, Mexico – Villahermosa, Mexico – Torun, Poland – Trojmiasto, Poland – Warsaw, Poland – Bucharest, Romania – Belgrade, Serbia, Pontevedra, Spain – Terrassa, Spain – Malmö, Sweden – Ankara, Turkey, Istanbul, Turkey, Manama – United Arab Emirates – Austin, USA – Chicago, USA – Houston, USA – San Diego, USA – San Jose (Silicon Valley), USA – Washington DC, USA – (Would you like to organize on any of these cities? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org)
No one’s immune to failure, even us!
Farewell 2016, you strange, terrifying, beautiful year.